Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Aaron Sorkin for President

From our good friends at Eschaton:
"We all need some therapy, because somebody came along and said "liberal" means soft on crime, soft on drugs, soft on Communism, soft on defense, and we're gonna tax you back to the Stone Age because people shouldn't have to go to work if they don't want to. And instead of saying "Well, excuse me, you right-wing, reactionary, xenophobic, homophobic, anti-education, anti-choice, pro-gun, 'Leave it to Beaver' trip back to the fifties," we cowered in the corner and said "Please, don't hurt me." No more."
-The West Wing

What is the stigma about the term "liberal"? When I'm called a "bleeding heart liberal", I rest a little easier knowing I'm on the right track. Since my loyal trolls are so insistent on debate, why not explain to me why "liberal" is such a bad thing.

Warning: Debate is fine, but if there is a single personal attack or useless comment in your reply, it'll be deleted on sight.