Monday, August 30, 2004

Senior year

Ah, yes. The start of school. You know it's that time by all the panic attacks and sleepiness and week-long intervals between blog entries. But all in all, this year is shaping up to be okay. Probably what will affect the blog the most this year is my new Government AP class, taught by a Republican. I've talked to other leftist students of hers and from what I understand, she's openly biased when grading papers (I've already experienced this with her), but she doesn't mind joking around about politics, so hopefully things will balance out. So far, listening to her lecture, she seems like a fair teacher, probably just a moderate Republican (there's very few). I'll keep everyone posted on any interesting things going on in that class. For this week, I can earn extra credit by taking notes on an hour's worth of the Republican convention. ::shudders::

On a side note, I'm looking for a job and a campaign to volunteer for. I'd really like to be a part of the Richard Morrison campaign, but that's more of a Sugarland area thing... though I'd give my right hand to oust Tom DeLay from office. If you know of a good Democratic campaign here locally, let me know. Oh, and a job, too. I need gas money.